So what are the rules of bounty hunting? In Love’s Bounty, Grant Logan, Mitch and Dean’s father, and Alan Brock, Brigitte’s father, have passed on a set of informal rules for bounty hunting to make a successful capture, to keep each other safe, and to stay alive in the sometimes harsh world of intergalactic bounty hunting.
“We’ll take him as soon as he heads toward the public rover stop.
He’ll pass the alley we have you stationed in. We can push him in
there and take him down. You need to be ready in case he gets past
us,” Mitch advised. “We’ll signal when he’s near the alley.”
She recognized the move. Number one of their fathers’ informal
bounty hunting rules. Never involve civilians in the capture. That
didn’t mean no informants. It meant try to keep bystanders out of
harm’s way during the capture.
In the previous excerpt, you see number one of the list. Here are a few of the other rules they’ve passed on to their employees and family.
- Never involve civilians in a capture if possible.
- Have your partners back. Never leave him or her behind.
- Use only as much force as necessary.
- Always be ready
- Know your target more than you think you need to.
- Never underestimate the intelligence and/ or desperation of someone trying to remain free.
- Keep tracking until the bounty is captured, by you or someone else.
- Kill only if necessary.
Hope you enjoy and happy reading!