First, blog post since I’ve moved it onto the website. Yeah! Progress has been slow at times this week, but I can see the forward movement.
It’s in the wee hours of Thursday as I write this. It’s been an okay week. I’m getting back on schedule, but I’m at a point in the revisions where it seems like drudge work. Case in point, some -ly words are way more prevalent than I’d thought they were when I started. I have a whole lot of highlighting to make disappear.
The good thing about being at this point means that I’m closing in on the end. I have to add a few things, but it’s bits and pieces, a little world-building stuff. Also, check the usual suspects for overused words. Then I need to do a final clean and add a little more imagery. Breaking it into smaller chunks I can see the progress more easily and each step completed encourages me to move through the next.
Other than the -ly word overload at this point, it’s been a good week. I managed some writing and made progress on both Penny’s Story and Dante’s (Stone Passions 2). I’m getting back into those stories and that feels great. I missed them while I redid the website and have been working on the revisions.
I did realize a few things about the two stories in the intervening time, though. With Penny, she’s going to help one of her heroes heal, but she needs some help as well. With Dante, Cael, Thane, and Moriah, I’ve realized that the plot I planned will have to be a little more fluid than normal. These characters have ideas of their own.
In other news… On my for Writer’s page, you’ll notice a note about a timeline spreadsheet that populates itself. Well, I have been working on it off and on. I’ve tried a lot of ways. I even tried the chart suggestion. That wouldn’t be bad if I only had one word or maybe two or three, but each point has a sentence. The chart didn’t work. So it would need to be something else. One of my problems was getting it to populate across as it would if it went up and down without going through and putting in each cell reference by hand. I think I might have cracked that on excel, but I need some time to test and rework it because, at this point, it looks fairly awful.