Today, I’ll be interviewing Nicholas Santiago from Beverly Ovalle’s A Saint’s Salvation. There will also be a yummy excerpt following the interview. So sit back, relax and let’s see what Nicholas Santiago has to say.
A Saint’s Salvation Blurb:
Corporal Nicholas ‘Saint’ Santiago needs to go home to reclaim the man he used to be. To be the man he was before Operation Enduring Freedom slowly hardened his heart. He needs to reconnect to the values and the reasons he is doing what he does. Saint also needs to try to forget the courageous woman he knows was meant to be his.
Petty Officer Angelina Jones’ life changed the moment Saint saved her life. She survived the blast but now has to deal with the fact that she will never be whole. Knowing Saint received a ‘Dear John’ letter, Angelina has no intention of being his rebound romance. She needs to be loved for herself. She needs to forget about the one man she knows was meant to be hers.
They each try to find someone to help them forget.
But what does fate have planned for them?
1. Who is Nicholas Santiago? Please tell us about yourself. I’m a Marine. You can tell from my last name that I’m of Mexican descent on my dad’s side. One of the reasons I’m called Saint. The other is the tattoo I have. ‘Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future’. I’ve always been more sinner than saint.I’ve always wanted to be in the service and the Marine’s just called to me. My mom says I was born to be a Marine. She doesn’t always mean it as a complement!
2. What event shaped your life the most? Seeing that grenade come toward me. My life flashed before my eyes. I thought that was the end.
3. What is your greatest fear and your greatest weakness? My greatest fear is not finding who I am again. War changes you and I don’t like who I am because of it. I know I can find my way back. My greatest weakness? Being vulnerable to love again.
4. What drew you to Angelina? She’s so capable yet has a vulnerability about her. I love her sassiness. She won’t put up with any of my bullshit.
5. How has Angelina changed your life? She made me realize that love can’t be denied.
6. What do you plan to do about the attraction between you? Only as much as I can persuade her. I won’t force her, of course, but I can be extremely persuasive, especially when I want something and I want Angel.
7. Is there a moment that haunts you? The fact that I wasn’t able to protect Angel. She says I saved her life, but I should have been the one hurt. She worked to save us all every day and I feel as if I failed her.
8. What keeps you going day after day? Pure grit and stubbornness. It’s part of my genes.
9. What would you never do? Turn my back on Angelina or my family and friends. They are why I do what I do.
Nick quickly took advantage, pressing his hand deeper as he raised her up, her ass on his forearm. Angelina squirmed, rubbing against him. Nick bent and sucked a nipple into his mouth, teasing it through the silk. He slid a finger in and out of her heat, lightly rubbing her clit with his thumb. Angelina moaned and tightened around his finger. Pressing her close against him, Nick increased his thrusts. Nick bit her nipple and was rewarded with a cry as Angelina clamped down, drenching his hand as she came apart in his arms.
She placed her head against his shoulder, shivers running through her while her arms and legs tightened around him. Nick pulled his hand free from her warmth and licked his fingers clean, making smacking noises as he did.
“Pig.” It was so low Nick barely heard the comment. Nick chuckled as Angelina giggled in his arms.
“Did you want another glass of champagne?” Angelina shook her head and squirmed against him. Nick squeezed her to him, enjoying the feel of her, despite the tightness in his groin. “Are you ready for dinner? Or shall we just head straight to dessert?”
Beverly Ovalle dabbled with writing on and off for years when her best friend finally dared her to submit a story to a writing contest. Beverly decided she had nothing to lose and since she’d always wanted to be an author sent it in and agonized for months waiting to hear back. Contract in hand she has never looked back.
Beverly has been obsessed with dragons and romance since she was a young girl, collecting dragon books and reading everything she could find on them even down to the care of real life dragons. She’s always been slightly panicked that the world as we know it will end, so has prepped for it, haunting survivalist pages and prepper projects she felt she needed in the event SHTF.
An avid fan of all romance, Beverly’s goal is to share her love of the written word and write the hot and erotic romances that she enjoys. She writes what she loves to read and it was only a matter of time before her obsessions crept into her writing for her to share. She hopes you enjoy her tales as much as she loves writing them.
A Navy Veteran, Beverly has traveled around the world and the United States enabling her to bring her settings to life, meeting and marrying her husband of twenty five years along the way for her own romance. Reading romances since the fourth grade she’s followed as the genre changed and spread into the vast cornucopia of romance offered today.
The name was changed less than two weeks before publication!
A Saint’s Salvation was inspired by my son’s tattoo
His tattoo says ‘St. Nicholas’ – the original name of my book
A Saint’s Salvation took me eight months to write!
The name of A Saint’s Salvation was my editor’s suggestion
The teasers were made from photos from Afghanistan
The Marine in the teasers is my son
He only gave me permission to use his photo because he loves me
He only gave me permission if I cut off his head! LOL