The Seventy Day Sweat ended yesterday and I just made my goal of 80k. I’m glad I made it and the challenge was great. For a while during the challenge making the daily word count wasn’t easy. I’d gotten out of the habit of writing everyday. I’d also gotten into the habit of spending too much time picking the exact right word for what I was trying to get across.
I still want to use the absolute best word, but I’ll be going through the WIP at least twice before I submit it. The challenge forced me to put the pickiness to where it should be–in the revision process.
I’m still making progress on both stories, but they’ve been pushed to the back burner for a few days so that I can get this short story finished. I know I’ve said it before, but short stories just seem a little harder than other stories to me. If I don’t keep a tight guard against it, the story will grow out of the word count I need.
I’m more than halfway through the story I hope to submit for the Caveman anthology. So without any major disasters, I should get it to them before the deadline. I’ve just got to come up with a title for it. : )